Orogen Gold Plc
(‘Orogen’ or ‘the Company’)
Results of Soil Sampling Programme and Deli Jovan Project Update
Orogen Gold Plc (AIM:ORE) the AIM listed mineral exploration company, focussed on gold exploration and development in eastern Europe, announces the results of the recent soil sampling programme and an operational update on progress in the re-opening of access to the Deli Jovan gold mines in eastern Serbia which were last in operation more than 70 years ago.
- Nearly 3,000 soil samples taken in previously unexplored area between the historic Rusman and Gindusa mines
- Several gold anomalies including one which traces the potential for a 500 metre extension to the northwest of the Rusman mine
- Two additional separate 300 metre long gold anomalies at the centre of sample grid
- A substantial one kilometre long linear gold anomaly southeast of Gindusa requiring further appraisal due to its’ proximity to the old mine workings
Re-opening of access to mines
- Re-opening of access to Deli Jovan gold mines progressing well and to schedule. This is being achieved through a shaft refurbishment at the two historic gold mines.
- Access secured to first 30 metre working level at Rusman mine; detailed mapping and sampling set to commence. Dewatering continues to expose deeper production levels for further exploration.
- Re-opening of Gindusa mine shaft also progressing well, with clearing and refurbishment currently more than half way towards the first 30 metre mining level.
Ed Slowey, CEO, commented:
“The Company’s main focus is on the re-opening of access to the previously worked mines to facilitate detailed structural mapping and sampling. We are very pleased with the operational progress to date and the good condition of the underground workings which will facilitate our exploration programme.”
“We undertook the soil sampling programme to assess the untested potential for additional mineral occurrences between the two mines; we are delighted with the results we’ve received to date. Whilst there is yet no guarantee that anomalies discovered will lead to a direct increase in our asset base, we could well have uncovered significant extensions to the historically worked deposits as well as previously unknown gold-bearing structures at Deli Jovan. ”
“We look forward to further updating shareholders with news on all fronts, as and when we are in a position to announce.”